Wednesday, December 14, 2011

KLABAUTAMANN - THE OLD CHAMBER



genre :  black metal
similar bands : Satyricon, Enslaved
origin : Germany
strong spot : cover
weak spot : lacks diversity and identity

Klabautamann's previous album ''Merkur'' is what I would call a ''classic'' album. It was one of these albums where your jaw drops and you can not pinpoint a single flow. I was very excited to hear that Klabautamann have a new album on the way. After a dozen of spins in my mp3 player, this is not an album for a 6,5 as I first thought. It is much better than the average mid tempo black since it includes some really beautiful progressive elements. The tracks are solid, every part is nicely combined with the part that succeeds it and there are no filler tracks or parts. I am now sure it is very close to 8,5.

  8,5 out of 10 goatheads

No comments:

Post a Comment