Friday, May 21, 2010

KEEP OF KALESSIN - REPTILIAN (2010)

genre : epic thrash/black metal
similar bands : Dissection, Naglfar, Iskald, Emperor
origin : Norway
strong spot : originality, compositions, incredible performance
weak spot : read short review below

Keep of Kalessin released the colossal ''Kolossus'' almost two years ago and it suddenly became one my favourite black metal albums ever. You can imagine that my expectations for ''Reptilian'' were really very very high. I cannot say I was disappointed, ''Reptilian'' has some awesome tracks (''The awakening'',''Reptilian Majesty'' ''The Divine Land'' etc) but it also has some ''hmm, this is ok'' tracks. I am not talking about fillers or mediocre tracks, Keep of Kalessin are not able to write a bad track... To be honest I expected an album full of tracks like ''The Awakening''( this would be the perfect album) but even so ''Reptilian'' is still a brilliant album that will definitely help the band reach a larger audience. If you liked ''Kolossus'', go for it!

9 out of 10 goatheads


No comments:

Post a Comment